Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Dear Ian,
   Today when I was putting you to bed, I was singing to you while you were drinking your milk. You asked me to sing you the Snow song, so I sang "Once there was a snow man" and you would take your sippy cup out of your mouth to repeat the last word of every phrase I sang. I love to hear you sing to me.

   Someday when you're older and you read these letters I am writing, you might not think this means much, but I want you to know that I love you like you love dinosaurs. I love you like you love horses. I love you like you love cars, and planes, and trains. When you see them, your eyes light up and your smile stretches across your face like your life could not possibly be any better. That is how I love you.

   Yesterday, when my back was hurting and I was laying on a heating pad all alone in my room, you came toddling in and snuggled up right beside me. I love that you are my thoughtful little cuddle bug. I missed you while I was stuck in my room and I was so happy to get a moment with you.

   It's for reasons like these, and moments like those, that I am and always will be, grateful to get to watch you grow up.
                                           Love You Always,
                                                      Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment