Thursday, January 19, 2012

Dear Ian,
  It's hard for me to write exactly how much you warm my heart with your hugs and cuddles. You come out of your room after your nap, so groggy you can hardly walk, and when I scoop you up you snuggle into me and it's really hard for me to think about anything else besides how much I love you and how much I wish I could always remember that moment.
   Tonight when I was cuddling you before bed, you were almost asleep and you asked, "Mon-ter?" I can't believe you are old enough to be scared of monsters in your room already! It is the cutest, most innocent question, and I love that all I have to do is say, "No. No monsters" and you believe me and roll over and go to sleep. I hope that we can always be this way, Bud. I hope that you will always know that I will always keep you safe.
   Every night after I put Morgan down for bed, you and I go into your room to play together. I love the time we get just you and me. When you get excited about something, your eyes get really big, and you get 3 little wrinkles on your forehead! I love them, I hope they never go away.
    It's for reasons like these, and moments like those, that I am and always will be, grateful to get to watch you grow up.
                                           Love You Always,
                                                      Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment